Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2015

My Filming Setup | Canon 600D/ T3i + Rode VideoMic GO

I recently bought a new camera so I thought I would fill you guys in on my current filming setup.
I have always dreamed of owning a DSLR camera so when I finally bought one almost a month ago I was ecstatic. As a Media, Film and Communications major I thought it essential that I have a quality camera setup, and now I do.

I am currently using the Canon EOS 600D paired with the Rode VideoMic GO for my YouTube videos. I also use the Canon 600D for the pictures on this blog. And for those extra nosy people (I kid, I kid) I use the Panasonic Lumix DMC-LS6 to film follow me vlogs.

I bought the Canon EOS 600D Twin Lens Kit last month from JB HiFi for $699 as a part of their Black Friday sale. If it weren't for the fact that this was a whopping $500 discount I would have definitely not bought it but at that price I just had to have it.
I can happily say that the 600D is most definitely the best camera I have ever owned. Previous to buying it I was using a Canon IXUS 155 for my videos and this is a definite step up. The quality is amazing and the settings are fantastic meaning far better quality videos and a much happier Angel. I love the fact that it records full 1080p HD video and the viewfinder is a happy bonus. This is by far one of the best purchases I have ever made and I am extremely happy with it.

For those curious as to what that is on top of the camera it is my Rode VideoMic GO. I bought the on Saturday so I haven't had much of chance to play around with it yet but basically it's job is to make me sound 10x better and eliminate a lot of background noise. Not to mention making me look super professional ;P
I can't really say much about it yet but from the little amount of playing around I've done with it I can tell you that it is a definite improvement from the onboard mic and gives a really good crisp sound. I bought this from my local Photo Warehouse for $129. You can also purchase it online from their website. As far as I know this was the cheapest I was able to get it and even if it wasn't it was well worth not having to wait on postage.

In terms of lighting I use two softboxes I purchased from CrazySales. They retail at $169.99 but I purchased mine on one of the website's one day sales for $109.99 including shipping. You can find them here.

I hope that this post has helped you out if you are looking into buying any of these products. I absolutely love them all and am glad to be able to produce good quality content using all of these pieces of equipment. If you have any questions about the equipment mentioned in this post be sure to leave a comment and I will do my best to answer it for you!

- Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment